We’re a group of friends based in Maui, Hawaii who basically live for the ocean. We spend every spare moment we can in the water. Over the years, we've all become obsessed with making great gear for our different passions. Gear that works in the water, as well as on the beach, on the bike or even in the gym. We really want the stuff we make to be hard-working, hard-wearing and great-fitting. Stuff that we can really be proud of.
Bluesmiths is a small company and deliberately so, and we work closely as a tight knit team. This allows us to take our time with the best fabrics we can find, testing and perfecting everything until we have exactly what we want.
Simply put, we're about building better gear for what we live for.
1. We don't want to build more gear, just better gear.
2. We're driven to develop gear that out-performs anything we can find.
3. We want everything we build to be really considered – built with purpose and well engineered.
4. We love really versatile garments and design as such - If something we make is genuinely good for more than one activity, that's great.
5. We want our gear to last a very long time.
6. We like tailored clothing & we want our gear to fit amazingly well.
7. Did we mention that we live for the ocean and the waters? They're our playground and we want to look after them.