We’re a group of friends based on Maui, Hawaii who basically live for the ocean. We spend every spare moment we can in the water. Over the years, we've all become obsessed with making great gear for our different passions. Gear that works in the water, as well as on the beach, on the bike or even in the gym. We really want the stuff we make to be hard-working, hard-wearing and great-fitting. Stuff that we can really be proud of.
Bluesmiths is a small company and deliberately so, and we work closely as a tight knit team. This allows us to take our time with the best fabrics we can find, testing and perfecting everything until we have exactly what we want.
Simply put, we're about building better gear for what we live for.
1. We don't want to build more gear, just better gear.
2. We're driven to develop gear that out-performs anything we can find.
3. We want everything we build to be really considered – built with purpose and well engineered.
4. We love really versatile garments and design as such - If something we make is genuinely good for more than one activity, that's great.
5. We want our gear to last a very long time.
6. We like tailored clothing & we want our gear to fit amazingly well.
7. Did we mention that we live for the ocean and the waters? They're our playground and we want to look after them.
Condition: Measure ones body without the weight or bulk of clothes that may affect dimensions.
Height Target: Physical height.
Weight Target: Physical weight.
Chest Target (Men): Chest dimension at widest point, measured over peak of pectoral and lat muscles.
Chest Target (Women): Chest dimension at widest point, on Women usually measured at peak of bust.
Waist Target: Actual true waist dimension (the narrowest part of the torso, above the high hip bone, above where one normally
wears the waist of one's pants).
Full Hip Target: At the widest point of the low hips, at the fullest point of the seat or buttocks.
Inseam Target: With the pant snugged firmly into the crotch, from the center seam of the crotch, measure down along the leg,
past the ankle bone, to the floor, standing with feet at shoulder width.